1/6/10

偷書賊

actually, it seems to be my second time reading this novel. Do I like it? It's hard to say. In terms of its designation, the author definitely seeks to create something new-- the book inside the book, which is also a fable as a recording as the suffering of a jew. the attemp is obvious and the ambition is grand. As for the other aspects, such as the plot and the depictino of the characters, well, I have to say, I am not a big fan of it. The most interesting character is certainly the adopted father with a pair of beautiful gray eyes who died after returning from the warbattle. the death of the adopted parents and nice neighbors is by no means touching and painful. All in all, probably the novel comes in a bad timing. I mean, recently I devoted myself in Japanese detective novel.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: